The JSC Chapter of the NAL (NAL-JSC) was formed in 1989 under the leadership of former JSC Director Gerry Griffin. The NAL-JSC founding group wanted local retired NASA personnel to be available to use their talents and experience to tell NASA’s story to the public, to contact legislators regarding their views on space-related issues, testify to key committees of Congress and, if called upon, to perform independent assessments of space-related issues.
Support the nation’s space programs with technical expertise, educational outreach, and financial contributions to STEM organizations.
To realize our vision, NAL-JSC objectives are:
- Communicate with the retired JSC community.
- Provide financial support to STEM organizations.
- Provide educational outreach programs to inspire students to pursue STEM careers.
- Encourage members to participate in community service that supports JSC activities.
- Provide social and educational opportunities and fellowship among members.
- Provide technical and advisory services to JSC as requested.